For Writing, we use The Literacy Company's Pathways to Write Scheme.
Pathways to Write is a proven methodology built around units of work which develop vocabulary, reading and writing skills through the mastery approach. The units, for use with pupils from EYFS to Y6, provide clear detailed lesson plans and resources, linked to high-quality texts to ensure engaging and purposeful English lessons. Effective teaching strategies to challenge greater depth writers are included within each unit of work.
Key elements of Pathways to Write:
- Six detailed units of work for each year group from EYFS to Year 6
- Fully resourced sessions inspired by engaging texts
- Develops vocabulary, reading and writing skills through the mastery approach
- Links creatively to the wider curriculum
- Challenges greater depth writers