Year 6 (Walliams) 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Walliams class page!
Here you will find important information about our class.
Class Teacher: Miss Raggett (Miss Kinniburgh on Wednesday afternoons)
PE is scheduled for Friday. Children should come in wearing their PE kit on this day. We expect the children to wear trainers, white or blue T-shirts and black shorts or jogging bottoms. Long hair should be tied back for lessons. We also recommend that the children are provided with tracksuits for outdoor lessons in cold weather conditions. Earrings should be taken out or covered with plasters if they are not able to be take out.
Homework will be set each week on Friday, to be done by the following Friday.
- Spellings: The children will be given 10 spellings to learn every week in order to prepare for a test on the following Friday. Usually the words tested will follow a common rule. These have been sent out for the whole first half term, and are also available attached to this page.
- Times Tables: Tiems tables should be practised weekly on ‘Times Tables Rockstars’ (their login details have been sent out).
- Reading: Children should read twice to an adult and 3 times independently each week. These reads should now be recorded on BoomReader, our online Reading Record App. (Please email me if you need any help accessing this.)
- If your child experiences any difficulty with the homework, then please encourage him/her to speak to Miss Raggett at the next opportunity.
Water bottles and pencil cases and school bags
- Children are permitted to bring water bottles into school. These should be kept by the sink in the classroom. Please ensure that these are taken home on a regular basis for washing.
- Pencil cases are provided by the school (and stay in school). We provide all the equipment they require.
- Children need to bring in their black bookbags every day. Larger bags or rucksacks will not be needed unless they have a particular sport or club after school.
Listening to your child read at home is really beneficial, so your support is greatly appreciated. We encourage children to read a range of genres, but also to read texts which they find interesting. The children will take home a Big Cat reading book and a Fiction book. If at least 5 home reads are recorded for a week (twice to an adult and three times independently) then each child will be awarded with a raffle ticket. A draw will be made for each class on the first Monday of every month with the winners receiving a book prize.
Please feel free to contact me on my school e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can speak to me at the end of the school day. If you have any questions or queries, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Miss J. Raggett
Files to Download
Year 6 (Walliams): News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6 (Walliams): Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6 (Walliams): Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6 (Walliams): Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display