Tarvin School is in need of Teaching Assistants to help with the support of our pupils. You will work under the direction of the classroom teacher and be expected to assist with the implementation of teaching plans. The successful candidates will be ready to work with all students to promote educational, social and emotional development. The ideal applicant will be caring, patient and understanding. The Teaching Assistants must be attentive to the unique needs of each student and be able to identify solutions when students encounter issues. You should have strong interpersonal skills, as you’ll be collaborating with other teachers, working with students and talking to families.
The following positions are available:
- One full time, 27.5 hours per week Grade 4 TA Upper KS2 to support 1:1.
- One 25 hours (17.5 hours per week Grade 4 TA plus 7.5 hours per week Grade 2 MDA) Upper KS2 to support 1:1.
- One 17.5 hours per week Grade 4 TA. KS1 – general.
These are all initially for a 12 month contract but potentially could be extended if future circumstances allow.
Potential candidates should contact our head of school, Ruth Cadwallader, via email - firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Closing date Monday 13th July.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting with classroom teaching and providing support and guidance to pupils, working in small groups/ supervising and one to one if required
- Maintaining a supportive, safe and clean classroom environment
- Implementing a system to track student progress, and taking steps to ensure academic progress is where it should be
- Supervising students during non-classroom time and recreational activities
- Working closely with the class teacher and SENCo to identify issues students are having and developing appropriate solutions
- Attending meetings and training sessions, as well as parent-teacher meetings if required
Qualifications and skills:
- Experience working in a school or educational setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great collaboration and teamwork skills
- Good computer skills
- Good English and Maths skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- A positive, empathetic and caring attitude
- Qualification in teaching and learning/ education/ childcare is desirable
- Candidates will ideally have demonstrable experience in supporting pupils with ASC and ADHD