Year 3 (Lewis) 2022 - 2023
Welcome to our class page!
Mr Peers is the class teacher. PPA cover will be taken by Mrs Sheen on Monday afternoons.
PE is scheduled for Friday. Children should arrive and leave school wearing their PE kits on these days. We expect the children to wear trainers, white T-shirts and black shorts. Long hair should be tied back for lessons. We also recommend that the children are provided with tracksuits for outdoor lessons in cold weather conditions. Earrings should be removed or covered with plasters for PE lessons.
Homework will be set on Microsoft Teams. The activities will relate to the learning done in class. Printed versions of the homework are available for the children to take from the classroom if required.
- Spellings: The children will be given 10 spellings to learn every week in order to prepare for a test on the following Thursday. Usually the words tested will follow a common rule.
- Times Tables: The children are encouraged to access the TT Rockstars website. Their logins and passwords have been stuck in the back of their green Reading Record diaries.
- Maths: Tasks will be set from the 'MyMaths' website. The children's login details have been stuck on the inside cover of their green Reading Record books.
- These activities will be set on Thursday to be completed by the following Thursday. Children are not expected to spend longer than 30 minutes on each activity.
- If your child experiences any difficulty with the homework, then please encourage him/her to speak to Mr Peers at the next opportunity.
Water bottles, pencil cases and school bags
- Children are permitted to bring water bottles into school. These should be kept by the sink in the classroom. Please ensure that these are taken home on a daily basis for washing.
- Pencil cases are provided by the school (and stay in school). We provide all the equipment they require.
- Children need to bring in their black bookbags every day. Larger bags or rucksacks will not be needed unless they have a particular sport or club after school.
Listening to your child read at home is really beneficial, so your support is greatly appreciated. We encourage children to read a range of genres, but also to read texts that they find interesting. Please record any reading the children do at home in their green Reading Record Books. These books should be kept in their bookbags. If at least 5 home reads are recorded for a week (twice to an adult and three times independently) then each child will be awarded a raffle ticket. A draw will be made for each class on the first Monday of every month with the winners receiving a book prize.
In addition to this, we have the Hermione Reading Challenge! We record the number of home reads for fiction and non-fiction texts each month. The two children who have read the most fiction and non-fiction texts will each win a £10 book voucher at the end of Year 3!
I can be contacted via email (email@example.com). Alternatively, you can speak to me at the end of the school day or phone me via the school office. If you have any questions or queries, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Mr D Peers
Year 3 (Lewis): News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3 (Lewis): Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3 (Lewis): Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3 (Lewis): Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display